Tuesday, November 30, 2010

~Wedding Design~

One of my favorite aspects about weddings is that the design options and elements are endless. There are no longer the same standards as there used to be, and brides now have the chance to really let their personalities shine through on their wedding day.

I think that using a thread of one element throughout the entire wedding is the best way to keep things together, without letting your creativity get out of control. Your one thread could be a thing, like feathers, or it could be a color, like green.

Using your designs subtly will really keep everything classy and elegant. If calla lilies are your flowers of choice, you can use them in everything, but the entire arrangements don't have to be calla lilies. It keeps the theme together by using them in everything, but it also keeps things interesting by adding other things in.

Here is an example of what just calla lily arrangements look like and what a mixture looks like. Don't get me wrong, calla lilies by themselves are beautiful! But if you want to subtly use your calla lily theme throughout the wedding, it is nice to mix in other elements, so that your theme doesn't look too redundant.



When using another design element, such as feathers, this can be done very tastefully as well. In my own wedding, I incorporated feathers because of my Erin Cole headpiece. My Favorite Things Florist in Williamsburg, VA used a minimal amount of feathers in my bouquet, as well as created a flower for my hubby with a tiny feather to keep things all tied together.

I hope this inspires you to get creative! Your options really are endless, and don't be afraid to try something to see if it will work, even if the initial thought sounds crazy!

xoxo,
~*Leah*~

No comments:

Post a Comment