Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Vintage Wedding Look



There are so many aspects that go into the planning and overall look for a wedding. When brides first begin the planning process, I think it's so important to decide on an overall theme or look that you would like to see for your wedding. Often times, brides go for a certain look, but they need help with ideas on how to incorporate their theme throughout all aspects of the wedding.

My very favorite wedding style and theme is vintage. I love anything and everything vintage. So how do you achieve a vintage wedding look? It's important to find the perfect starting point for you. Some brides may want to decide on their venue first, while others might want to pick their dress out first! There is no right or wrong way to go, just do whatever works best for you and go from there.

If I were choosing my venue first for a vintage wedding, I would check out all of the available venues in the area, and then I would pinpoint which one really could help support your vintage theme. For instance, if I had the choice between a big ballroom in a hotel, or a garden pavilion, I would choose the garden pavilion to help pull off my vintage look. The natural look and greenery of a garden pavilion can really help add a vintage look to your wedding.

Next I would find my perfect dress. For my own vintage style wedding, I found an amazing Rivini dress at Solutions Bridal. The gown was a tiered, full lace gown, with beautiful bead work. It screamed vintage to me because it was ivory lace and so classic and elegant. At the same time, the bead work really added some extra pizazz. When I chose my dress, I picked my veil at the same time, and my veil really created the overall vintage look for me. I wore a beautiful cage veil with a feathery flower on it and it was perfect for my look.

Next I would choose the rest of the colors for your wedding. To me, I think of pale pinks and ivory as perfect vintage colors. The classic black and white is perfect for a vintage themed wedding as well.

For the smaller details, such as favors, think vintage when picking them out. Maybe some pocket mirrors, or silk fans, or something along those lines. You want to make sure your cake, your table linens, your jewelry, your EVERYTHING! follows suit. I think you can get really creative with the vintage theme.

My best advice is to decide where you want to start, and don't be afraid to really take your vintage theme to the extreme. I would choose the perfect vintage dress and then go from there. The brides dress really sets the tone for the whole wedding. Don't be afraid to splurge and have some fun! Come see us at Solutions Bridal! We would love to help you create your vintage bridal look ;)

~Solutions Bridal

No comments:

Post a Comment